Following is a post I recently wrote on Project Inspired:
Ladies, as you journey through life, your experiences will guide you through. But if you could have a few tips to make that journey a tad easier, would you take them? Well, I’d like to offer up a few…12, to be exact. I’m sure there are more that will come to mind later, but consider these for now.
Check them out!
- Beauty resonates from the heart. A person can be physically beautiful, but if she doesn’t have a beautiful heart, then her physical beauty will fade pretty quickly in the eyes of the beholder. So focus on beautifying your character, because compassion, kindness and generosity make more of a difference than a pretty face!
- Purity is a gift. You were bought with a price, and if God thinks you’re special, so should you. Prove this worth and save yourself for your future husband. He’s worth it also, don’t you think?
- Boys can be a distraction. When all your friends have boyfriends and you’re crushing on a cute guy, it’s hard to agree with this. But boys only distract you from important things like school, friends, goals and glorifying God. If you’re not looking for marriage, why look for love?
- Bullies are weak. You’ve probably already heard this, but if you’re being bullied, it’s not easy to believe. Usually a person who bullies is insecure about herself or being bullied by someone else. Whatever the reason, she is probably not a happy person. Bullies are also strengthened by those they surround themselves with. Look to God for your strength!
- Popularity is just a fad. Once you leave school, no one cares. You have your whole life to succeed based on your merits, not because others think you’re pretty or you wear expensive clothes. Focus on your worth.
- Modesty is respected. Really, it is! How awesome it is to be fashionable and modest, especially when you get noticed for your personality and great fashion sense, rather than how much of your body you’re willing to reveal. And both boys and girls extend more respect for modesty than immodesty.
- Social media can be dangerous. Not only can social media be dangerous for the most obvious reasons, but it distracts you from the world and creates false realities. Also, your self-worth should not be determined by how many followers or likes you have.
- Who you are begins now. Ladies, being a teen is fun, and sure, it’s a time when you shouldn’t have to take yourself completely seriously. But there are things that you should take seriously—like the kind of person you want to be and how you want to be perceived. Do you want to be seen as a person of integrity? If you expect good qualities in others, then expect them of yourself also. If it becomes habit, then it becomes who you are.
- Your parents might just be right. I know that sometimes you don’t want to hear what they have to say, but your parents’ advice is likely based on their experience. So hear them out!
- God adores you and you need Him! How amazing is that? And with so much love encompassing you, how can you ever feel lonely in your life? Never forget that you are God’s girl and He will always be there for you. Let’s face it—you can’t do it alone. No one can. With God on your side, you will have a great life, but there will be low times, and this is especially why you need God and His love. With Him, you will find true strength to get through all the hard times. So keep Him in your heart always!
- There’s a plan for you. You may not know what it is, but know that you have a purpose. When I think of this truth, I get so excited about what God has in store for me. You should be excited also.
- Look to the Good Book for everything in your life! The Bible has the answer for every stage of your life, from purity to marriage, from repentance to salvation. Whenever you’re looking for an answer, check the Good Book!
With life comes many challenges. I pray that the above list helps you steer through the craziness of the teenage years with as much sanity, confidence, love and truth as you can possibly attain! God bless!
Ladies, what do you think about the above list? Share your story…we love to hear from you!
If you loved this, then you’re sure to like…
10 Things Teen Boys Don’t Want You to Know