Boys can be hard to understand, right? And for Christian girls growing up in a highly sexual world, it’s imperative to learn how they tick!
But guys aren’t just going to up and give away their secrets…yes, they have secrets, just like you! So I’m going to let you in on a few.
Before you delve into this list, however, know that no two guys, whether they’re non-Christian or Christian, are the same. And not all boys fall into all of these scenarios. But even the best Christian guy falls into at least a few!!!
So here goes:
- Being a guy is tough. There are a lot of expectations and peer pressure from other guys. In that sense, they’re not much different from you!
- Teen boys struggle as much as you.They’re also going through an awkward stage. Physically and emotionally, they’re experiencing new things. They’re crossing over from child to adult, and in many ways, it ain’t pretty!
- Boys can be insecure, and fear rejection and failure. They don’t know how to act in front of girls, as much as you don’t know how to act around them. So they may put on a tough persona to hide their insecurities.
- They may be saying what they need to say to get what they want. I’m sorry to include this, but I’ve actually heard teen boys say this–usually in the event that they want to be intimate. It’s basically a means to an end that they’d rather deal with later!
- Many aren’t interested in long-term relationships…at least, not right now! They just want to have fun, fit in and not be left out. Sound familiar?
- They may be looking to trade up. Eeek! I’ve heard this directly also. Boys like to compete, and at this point in their lives, they’re usually not looking for the girl who would make the best wife.
- They’re very visual. Many boys lust quickly and it doesn’t take much for their minds to hit the gutter. Sure, checking out girls is cool among friends, but many guys struggle with immodesty. It’s often distracting and confusing, and since they’re likely going through hormonal changes, it’s embarrassing. Even Christian guys struggle!
- They may be easily tempted. Again, lots of guys struggle with immodesty. Many are too immature to avert their eyes when a “hot” girl walks by or flirts with him.
- Guys are physically attracted to immodesty and emotionally attracted to modesty. And this isn’t just in relation to clothes, but also to behavior. I can’t say this enough…boys respect modesty!
- They’re not going to change for you. Really! Even if they say they will, most likely they’re just saying it to get what they want…refer back to number 4.
Ladies, this post is not meant to denigrate boys, or give them excuses for their behavior. The truth is that teenage boys are just as complicated as you are. They’re going through a physical and emotional change in their lives, and it’s a challenge.
But the truth is that the many idiosyncrasies that come with being a teen boy are the same reasons why getting emotionally involved usually ends up with a broken heart for you. But more than that, relationships can distract you from God. I know that I’ve written it before, but unless you’re looking for marriage, you probably shouldn’t be looking for love!
Ladies, what do you think about the above list? Share your story…we love to hear from you!
If you loved this, then you’re sure to like…