Please pray with me. I’m having a hard time with all these stories about children being abused, molested, and murdered. I wonder if it’s getting worse or if it’s just more exposed. The internet makes it so easy for sex predators, but even so, a lot of parents are the abusers and killers.
I received an e-mail once about how people have turned away from God. How they tried to take Him out of schools, state buildings, etc. But then they blame Him for everything that goes wrong. They blame Him, even though they turned their backs on Him. I wish people would turn back to Him and realize that only He has the ability to make wrong right, but we have to open our hearts to Him. My husband says God must be so angry about how His people are behaving -aborting babies like it’s nothing, abusing, molesting, and killing innocent children. My heart breaks for them.
If anyone can help, God can. So I ask that you pray with me. Strengthen my prayer, because these poor babies need all the help that they can get.
Almighty God, your Son Jesus Christ said, “Let the children come to me.”
and “Whatever you do to the least of my brothers and sisters, you do to me.”
Millions of your sons and daughters around the world suffer from so much abuse, neglect, and hatred,
you have moved our hearts to pray for them.
We ask that you send your Holy Spirit to change the minds and open the hearts of people around the world,
– that those who seek, perform, or promote abortions might foster life instead of destroy it;
– that those who abuse and molest children open their eyes and their hearts so that they recognize their wrong-doing and that they stop the violence they inflict;
– that the victims of sexual abuse may be protected by you and those around them, healed, and given justice;
– that the victims of these abuses may not themselves abuse others, nor give in to violence or despair;
– that those who have despaired; the families who are in anguish, feel the strength of your comfort during their sorrow; that they may be raised up and given hope;
– that those who have died may be raised up on the last day and receive the consolation and blessing of heaven.
We ask that you open our hearts and minds to learn how we can act to prevent abuse wherever it may occur. Grant us Lord, the courage to take action wherever and whenever it may be possible.
We ask this through your Son Jesus Christ.